Sunday, May 3, 2015

E-cubed 753: For your own good



Today's E-cubed: for your own good: vì lợi ích của bạn, tốt cho bạn...

You quit smoking?
Yeah. I quit for my own good.
Well, it's good for me, too!
I guess it is. You should be nicer to me!

TRANSCRIPT

Hello, everybody. Welcome back to daily easy english expression, the podcast. Today's podcast is brought to you buy PIRF and DDM. We've got the very special membership right now until Sunday which is today. This is the last day we can sign up. I'll talk more about this special offer after today's expression which is for your own good. For your own good. If something is for your own good, it is for your benefit. So, you should quit smoking for your own good. If you quit smoking, you will be healthier. It benefits you. You should eat healthy foods for your own good. You should get some exercises for your own good. You should... What elses? Well I don't know. Many thing to do for your own good. You should study English for your own good of course. It's a great expression. It's an easy expression. I'll talk more about it. But let's check out today's dialogue.

You quit smoking?
Yeah. I quit for my own good.
Well, it's good for me, too!
I guess it is. You should be nicer to me!

What have you done for your own good, for your benefit? Now many times, if you do something for your benefit, it also benefits other people. It's good for other people, too. It's an advantage, not just for you but for other people too. But sometimes it's not. Sometimes we do things for our own good that don't necessarily help other people.

So the example would be a married couple and I don't know. Right now in America, there's a big fight. The American boxer and the Filipino boxer, the big huge fight, around the world, very popular. And, this is boxing is generally a guy's thing. And I know maybe some women like it, too. But it's a guy's thing. So guys like to go out, and celebrate the fight, and watch the fight, and talk about the fight, maybe drink some beer and have a good time. And guys go out to release their stress. And we say, it's for our own good. It's for my own good. But also honney, it's good for you because when I come home, I'll be a better husband. That's the excuse that many men use, but that's not really probably so. I know some women like it. Some women like it when their men leave. Oh, go. Please go. Go out once. Then, they're free. Yeah. So maybe it is for everybody's good when the guy goes out to have a beer and watch a fight.

But anyways, it's usually to everybody's benefit, especially to you of course but not neccessarily. Tomorrow, we have a version of this expression where it can mean actually negative. But, you'll have to wait, tomorrow. Today, I want you to practice. I want you to think of something you have done or you want to do for your own good. Think of something! If you don't have any ideas then I highly recommend you join DDM and/or PIRF for your own good. I'll talk about that in a minute. Let's check out the dialogue three more times and practice with somebody.

So, how is your American English listening? How is your English listening? Can you watch a TV show? Can you watch a documentary? Can you go to a semina? Can you take an online class in history or physics or computer programming or something like that? And can you understand everything? It might be tough.

DDM is my class that I design to help you build your listening skills. And I teach you all about American pronunciation. And I get you to try to speak like that, too because the philosophy in DDM is "If you can say it, you can hear it."

But working on your listening skills and practicing American pronunciation is one part of English. The other part of English is actually speaking. And, I want you guys, when you speak, I want you guys to have as perfect of pronunciation as possible. Because if your pronunciation sounds perfect, people will automatically respect you, and think of you as a very intelligent person. If your vocabulary is great, and your structures your grammar is great, but your pronunciation is babla, but your pronunciation is really bad, nobody's gonna listen to you. Nobody wants to listen to you. You don't sound that intelligent. People will be dissapointed.

Pronunciation speaking is so important so I have PIRF. DDM for your listening. PIRF for your speaking. IN, OUT. You need them both. Absolutely, you need them both. And right now, I have a supper special offer for... what is it? PIRF OPEN and DDM LITE. This is an combination.

PIRF OPEN, I give you four lessons every month. And you study on your own. You study on your own schedule, whenever you want. You can leave messages and pratice with other people of course. But it's all on you. Four great lessons that will start you out in preparation for perfect speaking.

Then, we have DDM LITE. DDM LITE is fantastic. It's about listening skills. You can pick Monday lessons which focus on daily conversations, pronunciation skills. The pronunciation is pretty tougn, very American. Or you can pick Thusday lesson. Thusday, more like the news, documentaries. The pronunciation is a little bit easier. But the vocabulary might be tougher. Or you can mix.

So the combination of speaking and listening. Four lessons of PIRF, four lessons of DDM LITE. DDM OPEN and DDM LITE. Right now, you can get both of those classes for under $30. But, this insane offer ends tomorrow. So if you are interested in signing up, you have to send me an email. And I'll send you the registration link. If you want more information, go to our website letsmasterenglish.com and just click on the course information. We've got all the courses. All information is there. This is a special offer. So there is no special place to sign up. You need to send me an email and it got to be by tomorrow. For me, right now, right now it's Saturday night. So by Sunday night, midnight, my time Los Angeles, you have to send me an email, and I'll give you a great deal just under $30 both classes which are gonna be PIRF OPEN and DDM LITE. Do it. Do something that's good for you. It's good for you. That's it. I'll be back again tomorrow maybe not. I might take a dayoff. But maybe I'll be back again tomorrow. But don't worry! E-cubed will absolutely continue. Take care everybody. Bye bye.