Monday, July 21, 2014

ECUBED #47: to LACK something

Xin chào Việt Nam. Chào buổi sáng. Hôm nay, Coach Shane sẽ giới thiệu với chúng ta bài học về cách sử dụng động từ LACK, to lack something. Mời các bạn xem video dưới đây.


TRANSCRIPT
Last week, we studied lock, luck and look. And several of you asked me about lack. Well, that sound is different, too. (LACK) What does to lack something means? It means to be short of something, to not be complete, to be missing something. So for example, uh yes, I am lacking some hair. But I’m ok. Uh, if you look at my bank book. I’m lacking some money. It’s not enough. But, it’s ok. Regarding my computer and my camera, I’m not lacking. I have a good computer. I have a good camera. So I can make videos. Regarding YouTube subscribers, I’m not lacking. We almost have altogether 15000 subscribers. Isn’t that amazing? We only get a thousand here,but on the other chanels. So I’m not lacking subscribers. Thank you very much. Are you lacking anything? Are you lacking some money? Are you lacking some good look? Are you lacking some charm? Are you lacking some hair? Listen to the dialogue.
A: Any advice? How do I get more YouTube viewers?
B: Well... you are lacking something.
A: What? Energy?
B: Hair. You might want to get a toupee.
Are you serious? It’s the reason I’m lacking YouTube subscribers is it because I’m lacking hair? Really? Oh... oh no. In the future, I will only wear hat. Sorry now, do I have a hat? Yes. From now on, I will teach like this. And you will not know that I’m lacking any hair. See you tomorrow.
CHÚ Ý:  to lack something có nghĩa là thiếu cái gì đó.
-------------
Mời bạn nghe thêm Daily Easy English Expression Podcast 80: to get CARRIED AWAY tại đây: http://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/dailyeasyenglish

Have a great day, everyone!