Friday, May 1, 2015

E-cubed 751: PESKY



Today's E-cubed: PESKY: làm phiền, làm khó chịu, quấy rầy

What's that?
Boric acid.
What for?
Pesky bugs. I hate them!

TRANSCRIPT

Hello, everybody. Welcome back to daily easy english expression. Today we have a wonderful word. It is pesky. PESKY. Oh, those pesky children. Those pesky animals. Those pesky... Oh, when it comes to pronunciation, those pesky 'TH' sound. Or those pesky 'L', 'R' sound. Yes. So what does pesky mean? Something that is pesky, it bothers you. It's difficult to operate, difficult to control, difficult to use, difficult to say, difficult to handle. It's difficult. This is the idea of pesky. And sometimes, you really hate especially pesky bugs. Oh man, bugs. I don't like bugs. And I live in the desert. And we have many many types of different bugs. Now some bugs don't really bother me. Uh, you know I can see the bugs. And whatever, I can kill it or move it. But some bugs are really disgusting, and I hate them, and to see them. I really don't. So, bugs in general bother me. They are pesky. Pesky bugs. That's a perfect example.

Now, some people don't like animals. Dogs for example. Especially little dogs like the chiwawa or the poodle. Oh, man. Shut your pesky dog. It bothers me. It makes me angry. This is something that is pesky. English pronuncitaion. Is English pronunciation, American English pronunciation, is it easy for you? What about the American 'R', 'RE', are you really happy with your pronunciation? Yeah. Sometimes the 'R' can be very pesky. Or maybe it's the 'TH' sound. Thousands  of.. Tens of thousands of deaths. Oh, th s together, really difficult. Those pesky clusters of s th. Oh, boy. Pesky. Annoying. They make you angry. They're difficult to do. They're difficult to say. They're difficult to control. Pesky. Let's check out a dialogue.

What's that?
Boric acid.
What for?
Pesky bugs. I hate them!

Pesky bugs. That's right. That's such a common example. Pesky bugs. Boric acid. Are you familiar with boric acid? Oh, boric acid is a really good stuff. If you have a cockroach problem, if you have a problem with ants, sometimes with other bugs. Some bugs it might not work. But cockroaches and ants, it's a good stuff. Boric acid. And it's relatively safe to have around the house. You know, if a child gets it, or if your pet gets it, it's not a big problem but they do take care of those pesky cockroaches.

Does anyone like cockroaches? Do you like cockroaches? I hate them. I've seen them where I live. And I've seen them outside sometimes like walking on the street. And I take a walk at night, and I see one walking toward me. It doesn't move. I have to get out of the way. Oh man, and can I hate cockroaches. I absolutely hate cockroaches. So just in case, those pesky cockroaches try to visit me in my house, I have prepared some boric acid in the powder form. And I will mix it with flour and powdered sugar to make a nice powder and if I need to, I will spray this powder around doors, in the kitchen, in the bathroom to make sure those pesky roaches die and never come back into my dome. Pesky bugs. I do not like bugs.

Pesky. Disgusting. Pesky pronunciation. A pesky person. Maybe you have a neighbor. Hey, what are you doing. Oh, I heard you making noises last night. Oh, did you have a party yesterday? Oh, you plants need watering. Oh, I clean up your newspapers yesterday. Oh, just leave me alone. Quit bothering me. Shut up. Pesky. People can be pesky. Bugs can be pesky. Work can be pesky. Your boss can be pesky. Give me some examples something that is pesky in your world. Okay? Television advertisements pesky.

Speaking about advertisements, remember only this week until Sunday, you can join DDM Lite and PIRF open. That is PIRF Open and DDM Lite for under $30. This is amazing. This week only. That goes until I don't know May 5th, whatever, Sunday, whatever that Sunday is May 5 I think 2015. Bumm, that's the end. So if you're interested, join. You can send me an email ddailydictationmembers@gmail.com. That's great. Right now, I'm doing a pesky advertisement. But hey, this is my business. Okay. That's it. Listen to the dialogue three more times. Please find somebody to practice the dialogue with. Today, short and easy. Have fun with it. And I'll see you again tomorrow. Bye bye.